Baguettes & Babe - Prep
Updated: Sep 15, 2019
Several months ago, we talked about a trip to Paris after Mico was born. We want to celebrate our year of change. Here are a couple reasons R and I need to celebrate life right now:
1. R and I both started new jobs in January, and we both enjoy where we work so much more than we did before.
2. We have a darling baby boy who is almost 6 months old (20 lbs heavy, 28.5 inches long!).
3. We have been married for 5 years.
4. I am now an American citizen. The US immigration process is long and taxing. There will be a separate post detailing our long ordeal.
Life's unpredictable, but celebrating growth through chaos is one of my favorite things. I just booked flights to Paris for 3. This will be Mico's first international flight. It's 10+ hours but a good practice flight before his trip to India and Bhutan next year.
I'm incredibly excited to see Paris in a few weeks but this will be our first time traveling with a baby.
Some of my friends say traveling with a 7 month old is easy because you can still strap them on your body as you explore the city. My child is 20 lbs though, and it hurts my back to carry him for more than 30 minutes. I also don't want to haul a bunch of baby gear across the ocean even if I'm checking it in so I'm torn between packing just the essentials versus a few conveniences to make our experience more pleasant.
So far, my packing list for the kid includes:
- Enough diapers for the flight to Paris because we will buy the rest in France.
- His comfort blanket. Their baby bond is so cute.
- Enough baby food for the flight there.
- Some medicines like infant Tylenol and gas drops
- This clip on high chair so it's easy to dine out with bebe - phil&teds Lobster Clip-On High Chair
If you have any suggestions for our visit, please let me know!